Friday, July 4, 2008

#29 I pulled a "John"

...or so Rob and Frank told me... referring to Rob's buddy John who is lamenting the fact that he has dismantled his trailer for much need repairs and is unable to use it. Like John, rather than ignore the rot, I decided to replace the rear floor. Removing the bath parts will make it much easier to paint them and also make the PEX plumbing easier too. So in the long run, I think I will come out ahead. Either way, I've discovered the problem and fixed it all in less than a week. This does not put me anywhere near "pulling a John" unless we are talking about another john :-)

Here are the before, during and after picts.



6 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I think the "I told you so" factor is keeping you on track. Keep going Brother, I am proud of you...
I thought of a good name for your trailer... Jezibell. It is fun to say and very fitting. I bet Stephan would agree, it is a perfect name.

Rob & Zoe' Baker said...

Looks really goood Steve... I like the new steel in there. You might make 1st week in August.. I hope you do! The WDCU Installation, here in Central NY, is in October.. you can surely have it done by then.

John Kwasnik said...

If by "pulling a john" you mean grossly underestimating the amount of time it will take to get a trailer to a useable state, then I agree. I had planned to be ready for the VAC in Staunton! Hah! Now my goal is a more realistic "have an aluminum tent by the instalation rally". We shall see....

the byamcaravanner said...

John,

This was Rob and Frank's characterization... I think you are doing just fine considerign the busy guy you are...(we are).

TomW said...

You mentioned "nyloboard" in an earlier entry. Did that product not work out?

the byamcaravanner said...

Tom,

I have manages to secure any full pieces of nyloboard to try out... besides that was the "other" trailer ;-) I still think it is an ideal product for an Airstream floor. If you would like to swing by Covington, GA on your way up to one of our fantastic Wisconsin Unit rallies and bring some with you, I'd be happy to give it a try. :-)